The best pubs in Harrogate (for us!)

Home Forums General Discussion The best pubs in Harrogate (for us!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Clayden
    Participant

Recently the Harrogate Advertiser produced a list of 60 Pubs in the Harrogate area, inviting readers to nominate one for ‘the best’. I think we’ve missed the deadline for doing this.
    Would you like to join in with a determined group of Probus ‘researchers’ visiting local pubs that we nominate, to enjoy a bit of social time, and maybe provide our own internal ‘league table’. Please post if you agree, and would like to join in

billorr
    Participant

General Tarleton in Ferrensby probably best posh gastropub in area but not cheap ! Almost as good , but cheaper is Guy Fawkes in Scotton .

David Peckett
    Keymaster

I still like the Coach & Horses in West Park. The landlord is the owner, so he cares about standards, the beer’s well-kept, it serves good quality pub grub and there’s no muzak. What’s not to like?

David Clayden
    Participant

Sounds like the Coach and Horses is winning by a short head so far!

How about a proponent of the C & H (David P?) putting forward a date and time, perhaps becoming a regular date such as the first Tuesday of the month, say, when our research could take place – starting at the Coach and Horses?
    Then, lets see who turns up, and build from there! There’s a lot of research to be done…..

David Clayden
    Participant

I understand that the Harrogate Advertiser has completed its ‘best pub’ competition, and ‘The Empress’, near the roundabout of the same name on Christchurch Stray, won! It’s very near to my house, and I have never been into it!

Any opinions from members?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.