We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data, and only collect the data we require to run the club’s activities effectively.
The data that we collect may include the following:
• Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms or other correspondence delivered by post, telephone and email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
• Any personal details that you knowingly provide through interaction with our Website.
• Any personal details that you knowingly provide through the completion of forms, etc., to book club events.
The data will be stored in an encrypted database under the direct control of the club’s Data Protection Officer (currently the Secretary). Your personal data will only be held for as long as is necessary to carry out our services and to manage your relationship with the club unless it is necessary to retain it longer for legal or taxation purposes.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the club and will never sell or share your personal information other than as defined below.
Elements of your personal data may be shared with other club members via the members-only area of the Website. This data is limited to your name, email address and any notes that you have provided for the purpose of staying in touch.
We may pass your data to other parties who are providing services to us in order that we can provide services to you, or when it is requested by a lawfully-authorised body. The only current example is Enid Taylor Ltd, who print the annual Members’ Directory.
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a member of the club.
You have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal data, and may vary your consent at any time, as follows:
• The right to request access to your data via a “Subject Access Request”
• The right to request your data be corrected
• The right to request that your personal data is erased in certain circumstances
• The right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data
• The right to request transfer of your personal data in certain circumstances
• The right to withdraw consent to the use of your personal data